Introduction to product management templates
Analyzing market conditions, building strategic product roadmaps, and defining features are just a few examples of the important work that a product manager does. You want to ensure that everyone in your organization understands where the product is heading and why. However, keeping these artifacts up to date also means that you can spend countless hours creating spreadsheets and presentations to help colleagues understand and implement your strategy.
Our library of product management templates will make your life a little bit easier. To get the most out of our templates, read the guidance first to understand why and how each is used. Of course, templates can only take you so far. If you want the ability to build, customize, and share your product plans and roadmap, try our suite of product development tools:
Aha! Roadmaps: Set brilliant strategy, prioritize features, and share visual plans.
Aha! Ideas: Crowdsource feedback, engage the community, and analyze trends.
Aha! Create: Organize information, whiteboard concepts, and collaborate with the team.
Aha! Develop: Connect engineering work to the roadmap, optimize workload, and streamline reporting.
Product building has never been this lovable. Try Aha! software today.
All of the links in this article take you to free downloadable templates in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word formats. These are static documents that require updating. So it is worth noting that many of these templates exist as pre-built, editable whiteboard templates in Aha! Create — which are free to use and easy to share. Sign up for a free account to get started.
Business plan templates
Business plans are important decision-making tools. You can provide teammates with clarity on all aspects of your business model — such as your marketing strategy, customer challenges, ideal buyer profile, and product value. These editable business plan templates allow you to analyze the different business and market factors that impact your product plans.
Competitor analysis templates
A competitor analysis helps you identify alternative ways that your target customers can solve their problems. After completing the analysis, you should understand the market landscape and have evaluated other vendors' strategies. These free competitor analysis templates give you the tools to analyze and present how other companies are trying to provide value to your prospective buyers.
Feature or user story templates
User story comes from agile development — it is a term that describes a product feature from the perspective of the end user. User stories tend to be defined early in the product development process. The description is usually succinct. Whether your team practices SAFe® or organizes stories thematically, there are a variety of feature and user story templates that can help.
Gantt chart templates
A Gantt chart is a useful tool for planning date-driven work. You can schedule tasks in the order they need to be completed and track progress against time. These Gantt chart templates make it easy to visualize what has to be done and when, so you can communicate the plan to your team and deliver projects on time.
Product roadmap templates
A roadmap is a plan for how your product is going to meet a set of business objectives. Where is your product headed and what work is required to get there? These product roadmap templates make it easy to visualize the direction of your product and show progress against your product strategy to internal teams and external stakeholders.
Product roadmap presentation templates
Presenting your roadmap is a crucial part of your job as a product manager. You need to regularly communicate your plans to executives, cross-functional teams, customers, and partners to name a few. No matter who your audience is, you can use these product roadmap presentation templates to share your product strategy and the work required to achieve it.
SWOT analysis templates
SWOT is an acronym for strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. A SWOT analysis helps you identify what your product is doing well, where it can improve, and how it fits in the competitive landscape. These visual SWOT templates help everyone understand the current state of your product as well as its place in the market.
More than product management templates
These free strategy templates make it easier for you to share your market, customer, and product insights. When you are ready for something more than static spreadsheets and presentations, we encourage you to try Aha! software.
- What is a product?
- What is product development?
- What is product management?
- What is portfolio product management?
- What is product operations?
- What is the product lifecycle?
- What is a product management maturity model?
- What is product development software?
- Why product teams need virtual whiteboarding software
- How to build a business model
- What is customer experience?
- What is the Complete Product Experience (CPE)?
- What is product-led growth?
- What are the types of business transformation?
- What is enterprise transformation?
- What is digital transformation?
- What is the role of product management in enterprise transformation?
- What is a Minimum Viable Product (MVP)?
- What is a Minimum Lovable Product (MLP)?
- What is product vision?
- How to set product strategy
- What is product-market fit?
- How to position your product
- How to price your product
- What are product goals and initiatives?
- How to set product goals
- How to set product initiatives
- What is product value?
- What is value-based product development?
- Common product development methodologies
- Common agile development methodologies
- What is agile product management?
- What is agile software development?
- What is waterfall product management?
- What is agile transformation?
- Agile vs. lean
- Agile vs. waterfall
- What is an agile roadmap?
- What is an agile retrospective?
- Best practices of agile development teams
- What is a burndown chart?
- What is issue tracking?
- Introduction to agile metrics
- Agile glossary
- What is scrum?
- What are scrum roles?
- What is a scrum master?
- What is the role of a product manager in scrum?
- What is a sprint?
- What is a sprint planning meeting?
- What is a daily standup?
- What is a sprint review?
- Product release vs. sprint in scrum
- Themes, epics, stories, and tasks in scrum
- How to implement scrum
- How to choose a scrum certification