Product management templates
Analyzing market conditions, building strategic product roadmaps, and defining features are just a few examples of the important work that a product manager does. You want to ensure that everyone in your organization understands where the product is heading and why. However, keeping these artifacts up to date also means that you can spend countless hours creating spreadsheets and presentations to help colleagues understand and implement your strategy.
Our library of product templates will make your life a little bit easier. We offer templates directly in our product development software as well as in downloadable Excel, PowerPoint, and Word formats.
All of the links in this article take you to template collections with expert guidance on how to make the most of each template. It is worth noting that the Excel, PowerPoint, and Word versions are static documents that require updating. So you may find it more beneficial to explore the dynamic whiteboard templates in Aha! Notebooks — free to use and easy to share. Sign up for a free trial to get started.
Product templates have never been this lovable. Try Aha! Notebooks today.
The screenshot below features the brainstorming session template in Aha! Notebooks.
No matter where you are in your career, preparation will help you thrive. Polish up your CV using these product manager resume templates. And stay tuned for more templates in this section soon.
Strategy templates become important decision-making tools. You can provide teammates with clarity on all aspects of your business model and product strategy using these templates:
Research and ideation templates
Use the templates in this collection to analyze customers, competitors, and new ideas that may impact your product plans.
Roadmapping and planning templates
Where is your product headed and what work is required to get there? These templates make it easy to define and visualize what has to be done and when, so you can communicate the plan to your team.
Additional product templates
Here are a few additional templates to boost your productivity and collaboration:
Marketing teams bring your company’s product to market. Use these templates to set and achieve marketing milestones:
- What is a business model?
- What is customer experience?
- What is the Complete Product Experience (CPE)?
- What is a customer journey map?
- What is product-led growth?
- What are the types of business transformation?
- What is enterprise transformation?
- What is digital transformation?
- What is the role of product management in enterprise transformation?
- What is a Minimum Viable Product (MVP)?
- What is a Minimum Lovable Product (MLP)?
- What is product vision?
- How to set product strategy
- What is product-market fit?
- What is product differentiation?
- How to position your product
- How to price your product
- What are product goals and initiatives?
- How to set product goals
- How to set product initiatives
- What is product value?
- What is value-based product development?
- 10Ps marketing matrix
- 2x2 prioritization matrix
- Business model
- Customer journey map
- Lean canvas
- Porter's 5 forces
- Segment profile
- Strategic roadmap
- SWOT analysis
- Collections: Business model
- Collections: SWOT
- Collections: Objectives and key results (OKR)
- Collections: Product positioning
- Collections: Market positioning
- Collections: Marketing strategy
- 2x2 prioritization matrix
- Kanban board
- Feature requirement
- Market requirements document (MRD)
- PI board
- Pros and cons
- Release roadmap
- ROAM board
- User story map
- Collections: Product development process
- Collections: MRD
- Collections: PRD
- Collections: Gantt chart
- Collections: User story and mapping
- Collections: Feature definition checklist
- Common product development methodologies
- Common agile development methodologies
- What is agile product management?
- What is agile software development?
- What is waterfall product management?
- What is agile transformation?
- Agile vs. lean
- Agile vs. waterfall
- What is an agile roadmap?
- What is an agile retrospective?
- Best practices of agile development teams
- What is a burndown chart?
- What is issue tracking?
- Introduction to agile metrics
- Agile glossary
- What is scrum?
- What are scrum roles?
- What is a scrum master?
- What is the role of a product manager in scrum?
- What is a sprint?
- What is a sprint planning meeting?
- What is a daily standup?
- What is a sprint review?
- Product release vs. sprint in scrum
- Themes, epics, stories, and tasks
- How to implement scrum
- How to choose a scrum certification
- What is a product?
- What is product development?
- What is product management?
- What is portfolio product management?
- What is product operations?
- What are the stages of product development?
- What is the product lifecycle?
- What is a product management maturity model?
- What is product development software?
- Why product teams need virtual whiteboarding software
- Introduction to marketing
- What are some marketing job titles?
- What is the role of a marketing manager?
- What is the role of a product marketing manager?
- How are marketing teams organized?
- Which tools do marketers use?
- Interview questions for marketing managers
- Typical salary for marketing managers
- How to make a career switch into marketing