Free Gantt Chart Templates
Create a cloud-based Gantt chart in Aha! during your free 30-day trial.
Gantt charts are useful tools for planning and scheduling projects. Product managers use Gantt charts in many different ways. For example, you can create a Gantt chart to manage your strategic planning process, product release, or user research project. The free Excel and PowerPoint templates provided here make it easy to visualize what has to be done and when. Choose from a variety of examples and modify each chart to meet your needs.
If you want to use a collaborative, cloud-based Gantt chart, we encourage you to give Aha! a try. You can build a Gantt chart in minutes, collaborate with others, and make edits in real time. If you are not yet ready to do that, get started with the free templates below.
This Gantt chart shows the key activities that make up the overall release plan, including the features that will be delivered. You can track the status of each task by changing the color of the bar. You can also show dependencies between tasks.
This release template is perfect for agile product teams. It allows you to visualize your sprint schedule and show the user stories that will be completed in each sprint. It also includes important milestones, such as sprint planning and review meetings. Update the plan after each sprint to review progress and re-estimate the total work that can be completed by the release date.
Strategic planning Gantt charts
Use these Gantt chart templates to manage your strategic planning process. They are perfect for capturing the key activities that are required to build or reassess your business plan. They are useful when you are launching a new business, entering a new market, or refreshing your product strategy. They keep everyone focused on the activities that need to be done to create a winning strategy.
This template uses a weekly timeline to visualize the important phases and tasks in your strategic planning process. You can also include significant milestones, such as a planning kickoff session or presenting your strategic plan to the board of directors for approval.
This template allows you to build a more detailed implementation plan. It lets you assign strategic planning tasks, visualize dependencies, and shade the bars to show when tasks are completed.
Portfolio planning Gantt charts
These templates are ideal for portfolio planning. They provide a summary-level timeline of releases across multiple products. They are perfect for showing executives how your portfolio roadmap aligns in a single view. You can use them, for example, during annual and quarterly planning reviews to help everyone understand the release schedule for the upcoming year, the duration of each release, and when it will be delivered.
This template communicates the release schedule for multiple products for an entire year. It also shows the duration of each phase of the release. This helps with high-level resource planning and allows teams to coordinate implementation plans.
This template allows you to visualize the release timeline for multiple products. It is useful when you want to show dependencies between releases. Expand each section to see the duration of each release.
Product planning Gantt charts
Use these templates to show your product plans for the entire year. They allow you to capture the timeframe for each release and include important details for each phase, such as the start and end date, assigned team, and status. They are great for coordinating delivery with other teams. You can also use these templates to share how your product plan is progressing with executives.
This template is perfect for capturing your annual release plan in one view. You can change the color of the bars to visualize which team is responsible for each phase.
This template provides a dashboard-style approach to help you communicate the status of each release. As the year progresses, update the template and include it in status reports to show how you are doing against your plan.
Project management Gantt charts
Gantt charts can be used to manage a wide variety of projects and tasks. You can use them, for example, to plan a user research effort, trial onboarding project, or customer advisory board. They make it easy to keep track of all the tasks that need to be completed. Choose from a variety of timelines to reflect your planning horizon.
This template makes it easy to visualize project phases and the tasks that need to be completed. Tasks bars are automatically added to the chart using the information entered into the chart table.
This template uses a weekly timeline to track important tasks that need to be completed. You can also break tasks into sub-tasks and show the order they need to be completed in.
This template provides a simple way to track tasks that need to be completed each week. You can shade each bar to represent the percent completed.
- Introduction to product management
- What is the role of a product manager?
- What is a product?
- Which tools do product managers use?
- What skills are required to be a product manager
- What makes up the product team?
- What are some product management job titles?
- What is a typical product manager salary?
- Are you a new product manager?
- What does a product manager do each day?
- How can I learn to be a product manager?
- What are some interview questions for product managers?
- What is user experience design?
- How should product managers use wireframes?
- What is the difference: Wireframe vs. Mockup vs. Prototype?
- Introduction to product strategy
- What is product vision?
- What are product goals and initiatives?
- What is product positioning?
- What is product differentiation?
- How should I price my product?
- How should product managers research competitors?
- How should product managers define customer personas?
- What are some examples of a business model?
- What is enterprise transformation?
- What is digital transformation?
- What are the types of business transformation?
- What is customer experience?
- Introduction to product roadmaps
- What is a product roadmap?
- How do product roadmap tools work?
- What is a product portfolio roadmap?
- What is a technology or IT roadmap?
- How do product managers build an agile roadmap?
- What product roadmap presentation templates do product managers use?
- How do product managers build the right roadmap?