Show the direction of your product and the work needed to turn product vision into reality.Use template
About the product roadmap template
A product roadmap is a plan for action as well as a communication tool. Roadmaps visualize the “why,” the “when,” and the “what” behind daily work — to keep internal and external groups informed and evaluate new ideas against planned work.
Use the product roadmap template to map out the initiatives, epics, and features you will invest in over a given time frame. Tailor the view based on who you will be showing it to. For instance, executives may want to understand how key initiatives map to corporate goals, whereas the support team will want insights on how new functionality benefits customers.
You can add and remove elements of the roadmaps as you need, color-code based on product goal or assignee, and add sticky notes to provide more context. When you are ready to move from roadmap planning to implementation, convert any items on your whiteboard into actionable product work in Aha! Roadmaps.
Visualize your product plans and align the team on the most important work.
Set your roadmap timeline
Update the timeline to show your desired date range and customize the calendar resolution as needed. The template is set by default to show the entire year.
Add product initiatives
Include as many swimlanes as you need to visualize your key product initiatives. Use a different color for each swimlane to create visual contrast.
Build out your plans
Show the work that will go into each initiative. Define the overarching epics that you will deliver and the major features that will go into each one. Adjust the length of the bars to show the timing of the work.
Share your roadmap
Include teammates in roadmap planning by inviting them to post comments, questions, or emojis on the whiteboard. Collaborate to create the perfect view.
- What is a business model?
- What is customer experience?
- What is the Complete Product Experience (CPE)?
- What is a customer journey map?
- What is product-led growth?
- What are the types of business transformation?
- What is enterprise transformation?
- What is digital transformation?
- What is the role of product management in enterprise transformation?
- What is a Minimum Viable Product (MVP)?
- What is a Minimum Lovable Product (MLP)?
- What is product vision?
- How to set product strategy
- What is product-market fit?
- What is product differentiation?
- How to position your product
- How to price your product
- What are product goals and initiatives?
- How to set product goals
- How to set product initiatives
- What is product value?
- What is value-based product development?
- 10Ps marketing matrix
- 2x2 prioritization matrix
- Business model
- Customer journey map
- Lean canvas
- Porter's 5 forces
- Segment profile
- Strategic roadmap
- SWOT analysis
- Collections: Business model
- Collections: SWOT
- Collections: Objectives and key results (OKR)
- Collections: Product positioning
- Collections: Market positioning
- Collections: Marketing strategy
- 2x2 prioritization matrix
- Kanban board
- Feature requirement
- Market requirements document (MRD)
- PI board
- Pros and cons
- Release roadmap
- ROAM board
- User story map
- Collections: Product development process
- Collections: MRD
- Collections: PRD
- Collections: Gantt chart
- Collections: User story and mapping
- Collections: Feature definition checklist
- Common product development methodologies
- Common agile development methodologies
- What is agile product management?
- What is agile software development?
- What is waterfall product management?
- What is agile transformation?
- Agile vs. lean
- Agile vs. waterfall
- What is an agile roadmap?
- What is an agile retrospective?
- Best practices of agile development teams
- What is a burndown chart?
- What is issue tracking?
- Introduction to agile metrics
- Agile glossary
- What is scrum?
- What are scrum roles?
- What is a scrum master?
- What is the role of a product manager in scrum?
- What is a sprint?
- What is a sprint planning meeting?
- What is a daily standup?
- What is a sprint review?
- Product release vs. sprint in scrum
- Themes, epics, stories, and tasks
- How to implement scrum
- How to choose a scrum certification
- What is a product?
- What is product development?
- What is product management?
- What is portfolio product management?
- What is product operations?
- What are the stages of product development?
- What is the product lifecycle?
- What is a product management maturity model?
- What is product development software?
- Why product teams need virtual whiteboarding software
- Introduction to marketing
- What are some marketing job titles?
- What is the role of a marketing manager?
- What is the role of a product marketing manager?
- How are marketing teams organized?
- Which tools do marketers use?
- Interview questions for marketing managers
- Typical salary for marketing managers
- How to make a career switch into marketing