Visualize release plans and dependencies so you can launch new experiences on schedule.Use template
About the release roadmap template
New releases excite customers and motivate the team. Successful ones are a huge effort — requiring careful coordination of dates, deliverables, and dependencies across teams. Having a comprehensive plan helps you better track the details and ultimately launch on time.
This Gantt-style releases roadmap template is ideal for showcasing the "what" and "when" of your plans. Use it to build a timeline for delivering a new customer experience, broken down into discrete phases of work. You can tailor it to include key milestones, features, dependencies, and any other important details that help the team schedule work and keep deadlines in sight.
Consider using this template when you are planning a product launch or releasing major new functionality. Remember to keep the view up-to-date and share it with the broader team to create transparency and alignment as your plans evolve. Once your plan is set, turn your roadmap into a structured Gantt chart in Aha! Roadmaps so you can effectively track the work.
Ensure that every team understands exactly what needs to be done and when to release on time.
Set your release timeline
Update the timeline to show the date range of the release and customize the calendar resolution. Adjust the duration of the overall release bar to reflect your planned start and end dates.
Highlight phases and milestones
Include the key phases of work that need to happen with your release — such as design, development, QA, marketing launch activities, and sales and support training — selecting a custom color for each. Set any milestones that need to be reached along the way and capture dependencies between bodies of work.
Display essential features
Show the timing of key features that will go into delivering your new customer experience. Easily adjust the timing of phases, milestones, and features as needed to ensure your plan is realistic.
Share your whiteboard with the team to provide visibility into the plan. Update the progress bars as you go along to keep everyone in sync on the launch timeline and status.
- What is a business model?
- What is customer experience?
- What is the Complete Product Experience (CPE)?
- What is a customer journey map?
- What is product-led growth?
- What are the types of business transformation?
- What is enterprise transformation?
- What is digital transformation?
- What is the role of product management in enterprise transformation?
- What is a Minimum Viable Product (MVP)?
- What is a Minimum Lovable Product (MLP)?
- What is product vision?
- How to set product strategy
- What is product-market fit?
- What is product differentiation?
- How to position your product
- How to price your product
- What are product goals and initiatives?
- How to set product goals
- How to set product initiatives
- What is product value?
- What is value-based product development?
- 10Ps marketing matrix
- 2x2 prioritization matrix
- Business model
- Customer journey map
- Lean canvas
- Porter's 5 forces
- Segment profile
- Strategic roadmap
- SWOT analysis
- Collections: Business model
- Collections: SWOT
- Collections: Objectives and key results (OKR)
- Collections: Product positioning
- Collections: Market positioning
- Collections: Marketing strategy
- 2x2 prioritization matrix
- Kanban board
- Feature requirement
- Market requirements document (MRD)
- PI board
- Pros and cons
- Release roadmap
- ROAM board
- User story map
- Collections: Product development process
- Collections: MRD
- Collections: PRD
- Collections: Gantt chart
- Collections: User story and mapping
- Collections: Feature definition checklist
- Common product development methodologies
- Common agile development methodologies
- What is agile product management?
- What is agile software development?
- What is waterfall product management?
- What is agile transformation?
- Agile vs. lean
- Agile vs. waterfall
- What is an agile roadmap?
- What is an agile retrospective?
- Best practices of agile development teams
- What is a burndown chart?
- What is issue tracking?
- Introduction to agile metrics
- Agile glossary
- What is scrum?
- What are scrum roles?
- What is a scrum master?
- What is the role of a product manager in scrum?
- What is a sprint?
- What is a sprint planning meeting?
- What is a daily standup?
- What is a sprint review?
- Product release vs. sprint in scrum
- Themes, epics, stories, and tasks
- How to implement scrum
- How to choose a scrum certification
- What is a product?
- What is product development?
- What is product management?
- What is portfolio product management?
- What is product operations?
- What are the stages of product development?
- What is the product lifecycle?
- What is a product management maturity model?
- What is product development software?
- Why product teams need virtual whiteboarding software
- Introduction to marketing
- What are some marketing job titles?
- What is the role of a marketing manager?
- What is the role of a product marketing manager?
- How are marketing teams organized?
- Which tools do marketers use?
- Interview questions for marketing managers
- Typical salary for marketing managers
- How to make a career switch into marketing