Display epics or themes of work that will have a significant impact on customer happiness.Use template
About the epics roadmap template
New features are exciting. But an individual feature does not typically have a big impact on your customers. It is the groups of related features — or epics — that truly create something special.
The epics roadmap template is ideal for showcasing when you plan to complete each epic by release. (Of course, the work required to actually deliver an epic might well span multiple releases.) Release dates are high-level in this view — indicating monthly targets.
Use this template to guide planning discussions and backlog prioritization — making sure that upcoming features or user stories align with top-priority epics. Adjust the roadmap to meet your needs. For example, you can change the background color of each epic to convey status or add a progress bar to track updates once work gets underway. Convert epics on your whiteboard into actionable work items in Aha! Roadmaps to make your plans a reality.
Build an epics roadmap that aligns with your product goals and helps you deliver value to your customers.
Set your roadmap timeline
Update the timeline to show your desired date range and customize the calendar resolution to display quarters, months, weeks, or days.
Visualize upcoming releases
Add new or existing releases to your timeline. You can easily drag content on the whiteboard to adjust the timing or order.
Align goals and epics
Capture the product goals that each release supports and include the epics or major areas of functionality that you plan to deliver.
Customize to display status or progress
Insert colored flags to show how each epic ties to your goals and use tags to highlight important details. Add a green checkmark to indicate when a release or epic is complete.
- What is a business model?
- What is customer experience?
- What is the Complete Product Experience (CPE)?
- What is a customer journey map?
- What is product-led growth?
- What are the types of business transformation?
- What is enterprise transformation?
- What is digital transformation?
- What is the role of product management in enterprise transformation?
- What is a Minimum Viable Product (MVP)?
- What is a Minimum Lovable Product (MLP)?
- What is product vision?
- How to set product strategy
- What is product-market fit?
- What is product differentiation?
- How to position your product
- How to price your product
- What are product goals and initiatives?
- How to set product goals
- How to set product initiatives
- What is product value?
- What is value-based product development?
- 10Ps marketing matrix
- 2x2 prioritization matrix
- Business model
- Customer journey map
- Lean canvas
- Porter's 5 forces
- Segment profile
- Strategic roadmap
- SWOT analysis
- Collections: Business model
- Collections: SWOT
- Collections: Objectives and key results (OKR)
- Collections: Product positioning
- Collections: Market positioning
- Collections: Marketing strategy
- 2x2 prioritization matrix
- Kanban board
- Feature requirement
- Market requirements document (MRD)
- PI board
- Pros and cons
- Release roadmap
- ROAM board
- User story map
- Collections: Product development process
- Collections: MRD
- Collections: PRD
- Collections: Gantt chart
- Collections: User story and mapping
- Collections: Feature definition checklist
- Common product development methodologies
- Common agile development methodologies
- What is agile product management?
- What is agile software development?
- What is waterfall product management?
- What is agile transformation?
- Agile vs. lean
- Agile vs. waterfall
- What is an agile roadmap?
- What is an agile retrospective?
- Best practices of agile development teams
- What is a burndown chart?
- What is issue tracking?
- Introduction to agile metrics
- Agile glossary
- What is scrum?
- What are scrum roles?
- What is a scrum master?
- What is the role of a product manager in scrum?
- What is a sprint?
- What is a sprint planning meeting?
- What is a daily standup?
- What is a sprint review?
- Product release vs. sprint in scrum
- Themes, epics, stories, and tasks
- How to implement scrum
- How to choose a scrum certification
- What is a product?
- What is product development?
- What is product management?
- What is portfolio product management?
- What is product operations?
- What are the stages of product development?
- What is the product lifecycle?
- What is a product management maturity model?
- What is product development software?
- Why product teams need virtual whiteboarding software
- Introduction to marketing
- What are some marketing job titles?
- What is the role of a marketing manager?
- What is the role of a product marketing manager?
- How are marketing teams organized?
- Which tools do marketers use?
- Interview questions for marketing managers
- Typical salary for marketing managers
- How to make a career switch into marketing