Standardize team processes for improved efficiency and collaborationUse template
About the process improvements template
There are no shortcuts to delivering exceptional results. But putting the right processes in place certainly helps facilitate better teamwork.
With this template, you can apply your own best practices to any team process, procedure, or workflow. A repeatable framework saves time and ensures consistency across the team. Of course, you can adjust sections, add tables, or embed images to further clarify the approach. And be sure to make process documentation readily accessible so everyone can refer to it when needed.
As your team evolves, be willing to reexamine processes and replace what is not working with something new. Together you will realize increased agility as you learn, adjust, and do it again.
Streamline the why, what, and how of shared processes.
Determine which team processes are working and where breakdowns are happening. Agree on any processes that would benefit from an update or overhaul — making clear what your intended outcome is.
Summarize and set context
As you begin to define a new process, provide relevant context so the team understands when the process should (or should not) be applied.
Dig into details
Break down the process into clear and concise steps. The more specific you can be, the better. Then, assign responsibility to reinforce accountability. This helps ensure successful implementation and reduces the risk of errors.
Link out to useful resources so the team knows where to look to get more details. Provide training opportunities and give everyone time to adjust to the new process. Be sure to check in with folks to see how everything is going — schedule a future date to assess or refresh the process again.
- What is a business model?
- What is customer experience?
- What is the Complete Product Experience (CPE)?
- What is a customer journey map?
- What is product-led growth?
- What are the types of business transformation?
- What is enterprise transformation?
- What is digital transformation?
- What is the role of product management in enterprise transformation?
- What is a Minimum Viable Product (MVP)?
- What is a Minimum Lovable Product (MLP)?
- What is product vision?
- How to set product strategy
- What is product-market fit?
- What is product differentiation?
- How to position your product
- How to price your product
- What are product goals and initiatives?
- How to set product goals
- How to set product initiatives
- What is product value?
- What is value-based product development?
- 10Ps marketing matrix
- 2x2 prioritization matrix
- Business model
- Customer journey map
- Lean canvas
- Porter's 5 forces
- Segment profile
- Strategic roadmap
- SWOT analysis
- Collections: Business model
- Collections: SWOT
- Collections: Objectives and key results (OKR)
- Collections: Product positioning
- Collections: Market positioning
- Collections: Marketing strategy
- 2x2 prioritization matrix
- Kanban board
- Feature requirement
- Market requirements document (MRD)
- PI board
- Pros and cons
- Release roadmap
- ROAM board
- User story map
- Collections: Product development process
- Collections: MRD
- Collections: PRD
- Collections: Gantt chart
- Collections: User story and mapping
- Collections: Feature definition checklist
- Common product development methodologies
- Common agile development methodologies
- What is agile product management?
- What is agile software development?
- What is waterfall product management?
- What is agile transformation?
- Agile vs. lean
- Agile vs. waterfall
- What is an agile roadmap?
- What is an agile retrospective?
- Best practices of agile development teams
- What is a burndown chart?
- What is issue tracking?
- Introduction to agile metrics
- Agile glossary
- What is scrum?
- What are scrum roles?
- What is a scrum master?
- What is the role of a product manager in scrum?
- What is a sprint?
- What is a sprint planning meeting?
- What is a daily standup?
- What is a sprint review?
- Product release vs. sprint in scrum
- Themes, epics, stories, and tasks
- How to implement scrum
- How to choose a scrum certification
- What is a product?
- What is product development?
- What is product management?
- What is portfolio product management?
- What is product operations?
- What are the stages of product development?
- What is the product lifecycle?
- What is a product management maturity model?
- What is product development software?
- Why product teams need virtual whiteboarding software
- Introduction to marketing
- What are some marketing job titles?
- What is the role of a marketing manager?
- What is the role of a product marketing manager?
- How are marketing teams organized?
- Which tools do marketers use?
- Interview questions for marketing managers
- Typical salary for marketing managers
- How to make a career switch into marketing