Customer journey map
Sketch the entire customer journey and build more lovable experiencesUse template
About the customer journey map template
Customer needs and expectations are always evolving. So it is important to truly understand your customer and center their experience as you guide them through the different phases of buying and using your product. The goal is to deliver a cohesive experience at every touchpoint — from the content you write to the interactions with your sales and support teams.
Use this template to map out the customer journey from awareness and consideration through to advocacy. Consider what customers are doing, thinking, and feeling at each step. Better yet, invite participation from teammates in marketing, sales, product management, and customer support — each team has a stake in delivering a Complete Product Experience (CPE).
Remember that building your customer journey map is just the beginning. As customer needs evolve, revisit your map to spark ideas for future enhancements and opportunities. At any point, you can promote ideas on the map directly into actionable work items in Aha! Roadmaps.
Think holistically about customer experience and optimize each step of the journey.
Capture every touchpoint
Map out the customer journey from awareness to advocacy. Color-code sticky notes by theme, team, or another identifying feature.
Gather multiple perspectives
Bring in colleagues across the organization to elicit feedback and reach agreement on where to focus improvements.
Define your destination
Compare the opportunities you identified with existing ideas and requests in your backlog. You can promote new ideas directly from your whiteboard into work items in Aha! Roadmaps.
- What is a business model?
- What is customer experience?
- What is the Complete Product Experience (CPE)?
- What is a customer journey map?
- What is product-led growth?
- What are the types of business transformation?
- What is enterprise transformation?
- What is digital transformation?
- What is the role of product management in enterprise transformation?
- What is a Minimum Viable Product (MVP)?
- What is a Minimum Lovable Product (MLP)?
- What is product vision?
- How to set product strategy
- What is product-market fit?
- What is product differentiation?
- How to position your product
- How to price your product
- What are product goals and initiatives?
- How to set product goals
- How to set product initiatives
- What is product value?
- What is value-based product development?
- 10Ps marketing matrix
- 2x2 prioritization matrix
- Business model
- Customer journey map
- Lean canvas
- Porter's 5 forces
- Segment profile
- Strategic roadmap
- SWOT analysis
- Collections: Business model
- Collections: SWOT
- Collections: Objectives and key results (OKR)
- Collections: Product positioning
- Collections: Market positioning
- Collections: Marketing strategy
- 2x2 prioritization matrix
- Kanban board
- Feature requirement
- Market requirements document (MRD)
- PI board
- Pros and cons
- Release roadmap
- ROAM board
- User story map
- Collections: Product development process
- Collections: MRD
- Collections: PRD
- Collections: Gantt chart
- Collections: User story and mapping
- Collections: Feature definition checklist
- Common product development methodologies
- Common agile development methodologies
- What is agile product management?
- What is agile software development?
- What is waterfall product management?
- What is agile transformation?
- Agile vs. lean
- Agile vs. waterfall
- What is an agile roadmap?
- What is an agile retrospective?
- Best practices of agile development teams
- What is a burndown chart?
- What is issue tracking?
- Introduction to agile metrics
- Agile glossary
- What is scrum?
- What are scrum roles?
- What is a scrum master?
- What is the role of a product manager in scrum?
- What is a sprint?
- What is a sprint planning meeting?
- What is a daily standup?
- What is a sprint review?
- Product release vs. sprint in scrum
- Themes, epics, stories, and tasks
- How to implement scrum
- How to choose a scrum certification
- What is a product?
- What is product development?
- What is product management?
- What is portfolio product management?
- What is product operations?
- What are the stages of product development?
- What is the product lifecycle?
- What is a product management maturity model?
- What is product development software?
- Why product teams need virtual whiteboarding software
- Introduction to marketing
- What are some marketing job titles?
- What is the role of a marketing manager?
- What is the role of a product marketing manager?
- How are marketing teams organized?
- Which tools do marketers use?
- Interview questions for marketing managers
- Typical salary for marketing managers
- How to make a career switch into marketing