Structure your meeting discussion, encourage team engagement, and document important action itemsUse template
About the sprint retrospective template
A sprint retrospective is a recurring opportunity for the team to reflect on what went well during the previous iteration and how you can improve going forward. Whether your team follows scrum or a different agile methodology, it is always beneficial to celebrate wins and discuss issues before the next interval of work begins — continuously improving together to achieve product success.
Bring together your scrum leader, product owner, product managers, and developers to collaborate in this template. Since you can embed a whiteboard directly in a note, it is super easy to link the template with the meeting note it corresponds to.
Of course, you can adapt the template for any launch, project, or event. Go ahead and make your retrospectives more productive (and enjoyable too).
Reflect on past work and give everyone a voice.
Share your objectives and ask folks to add sticky notes to document what went well, what could have gone better, and what you would do differently next time. Consider assigning each person a uniquely colored sticky to differentiate feedback.
Now that you can see feedback in a consolidated view, share as a group and go deeper. Encourage folks to provide specific examples and avoid blame. Add emojis to show support for individual stickies.
Assign action items
Come out of every retrospective with specific ways to work better together during the next sprint. Action items might include revising capacity estimates, reorganizing the workflow board, or continuing to use a new user story template.
- What is a business model?
- What is customer experience?
- What is the Complete Product Experience (CPE)?
- What is a customer journey map?
- What is product-led growth?
- What are the types of business transformation?
- What is enterprise transformation?
- What is digital transformation?
- What is the role of product management in enterprise transformation?
- What is a Minimum Viable Product (MVP)?
- What is a Minimum Lovable Product (MLP)?
- What is product vision?
- How to set product strategy
- What is product-market fit?
- What is product differentiation?
- How to position your product
- How to price your product
- What are product goals and initiatives?
- How to set product goals
- How to set product initiatives
- What is product value?
- What is value-based product development?
- 10Ps marketing matrix
- 2x2 prioritization matrix
- Business model
- Customer journey map
- Lean canvas
- Porter's 5 forces
- Segment profile
- Strategic roadmap
- SWOT analysis
- Collections: Business model
- Collections: SWOT
- Collections: Objectives and key results (OKR)
- Collections: Product positioning
- Collections: Market positioning
- Collections: Marketing strategy
- 2x2 prioritization matrix
- Kanban board
- Feature requirement
- Market requirements document (MRD)
- PI board
- Pros and cons
- Release roadmap
- ROAM board
- User story map
- Collections: Product development process
- Collections: MRD
- Collections: PRD
- Collections: Gantt chart
- Collections: User story and mapping
- Collections: Feature definition checklist
- Common product development methodologies
- Common agile development methodologies
- What is agile product management?
- What is agile software development?
- What is waterfall product management?
- What is agile transformation?
- Agile vs. lean
- Agile vs. waterfall
- What is an agile roadmap?
- What is an agile retrospective?
- Best practices of agile development teams
- What is a burndown chart?
- What is issue tracking?
- Introduction to agile metrics
- Agile glossary
- What is scrum?
- What are scrum roles?
- What is a scrum master?
- What is the role of a product manager in scrum?
- What is a sprint?
- What is a sprint planning meeting?
- What is a daily standup?
- What is a sprint review?
- Product release vs. sprint in scrum
- Themes, epics, stories, and tasks
- How to implement scrum
- How to choose a scrum certification
- What is a product?
- What is product development?
- What is product management?
- What is portfolio product management?
- What is product operations?
- What are the stages of product development?
- What is the product lifecycle?
- What is a product management maturity model?
- What is product development software?
- Why product teams need virtual whiteboarding software
- Introduction to marketing
- What are some marketing job titles?
- What is the role of a marketing manager?
- What is the role of a product marketing manager?
- How are marketing teams organized?
- Which tools do marketers use?
- Interview questions for marketing managers
- Typical salary for marketing managers
- How to make a career switch into marketing