Organize and facilitate a brainstorming meetingUse template
About the brainstorming meeting template
Product teams rely on creative thinking to solve challenges — from exploring bold new ideas to optimizing team processes. Brainstorming together can help you tap into the group's insights and identify potential solutions faster.
This note template is ideal for planning and leading a brainstorming meeting. Its simple layout makes it easy to set objectives, record notes, and align on next steps. You can also embed a whiteboard directly in the note to give you a creative space to visualize your ideas during the meeting. Choose from layouts like the brainstorming board, mind map, or SWOT analysis to encourage participation.
As you wrap up your brainstorming meeting, decide on next steps. And if you know an idea is aligned with your strategic direction, go ahead and convert it into real work in Aha! Roadmaps.
Bring the team together to generate new ideas, solve complex problems, and discover innovative solutions.
Determine what you what you want to achieve during the session. Choose a facilitator, think about who to invite, and share the meeting agenda ahead of time.
Pick a brainstorming technique
This guide has 10+ examples of popular brainstorming techniques. Choose one that is suited to the scenario or problem you are solving.
Record the discussion
Take notes or embed a whiteboard in the template — so you can capture and organize information just the way you want..
Plan next steps
After the brainstorming session has ended, what will you do with all the ideas you generate? How will you evaluate which ideas are most valuable and which to cut? Make a plan for what is next so you do not lose momentum.
- What is a business model?
- What is customer experience?
- What is the Complete Product Experience (CPE)?
- What is a customer journey map?
- What is product-led growth?
- What are the types of business transformation?
- What is enterprise transformation?
- What is digital transformation?
- What is the role of product management in enterprise transformation?
- What is a Minimum Viable Product (MVP)?
- What is a Minimum Lovable Product (MLP)?
- What is product vision?
- How to set product strategy
- What is product-market fit?
- What is product differentiation?
- How to position your product
- How to price your product
- What are product goals and initiatives?
- How to set product goals
- How to set product initiatives
- What is product value?
- What is value-based product development?
- 10Ps marketing matrix
- 2x2 prioritization matrix
- Business model
- Customer journey map
- Lean canvas
- Porter's 5 forces
- Segment profile
- Strategic roadmap
- SWOT analysis
- Collections: Business model
- Collections: SWOT
- Collections: Objectives and key results (OKR)
- Collections: Product positioning
- Collections: Market positioning
- Collections: Marketing strategy
- 2x2 prioritization matrix
- Kanban board
- Feature requirement
- Market requirements document (MRD)
- PI board
- Pros and cons
- Release roadmap
- ROAM board
- User story map
- Collections: Product development process
- Collections: MRD
- Collections: PRD
- Collections: Gantt chart
- Collections: User story and mapping
- Collections: Feature definition checklist
- Common product development methodologies
- Common agile development methodologies
- What is agile product management?
- What is agile software development?
- What is waterfall product management?
- What is agile transformation?
- Agile vs. lean
- Agile vs. waterfall
- What is an agile roadmap?
- What is an agile retrospective?
- Best practices of agile development teams
- What is a burndown chart?
- What is issue tracking?
- Introduction to agile metrics
- Agile glossary
- What is scrum?
- What are scrum roles?
- What is a scrum master?
- What is the role of a product manager in scrum?
- What is a sprint?
- What is a sprint planning meeting?
- What is a daily standup?
- What is a sprint review?
- Product release vs. sprint in scrum
- Themes, epics, stories, and tasks
- How to implement scrum
- How to choose a scrum certification
- What is a product?
- What is product development?
- What is product management?
- What is portfolio product management?
- What is product operations?
- What are the stages of product development?
- What is the product lifecycle?
- What is a product management maturity model?
- What is product development software?
- Why product teams need virtual whiteboarding software
- Introduction to marketing
- What are some marketing job titles?
- What is the role of a marketing manager?
- What is the role of a product marketing manager?
- How are marketing teams organized?
- Which tools do marketers use?
- Interview questions for marketing managers
- Typical salary for marketing managers
- How to make a career switch into marketing