Integrate Aha! With Slack
Slack brings all your communication together in one place. It gives everyone on the team a shared workspace where conversations are organized and accessible in real time. It is the communication platform for modern teams —everything in one place, instantly searchable, available wherever you go.
Slack [to Aha!]
Enable your users to create records in Aha! directly from Slack. By using a simple /aha slash command, users can create ideas, features, to-dos, and more in Aha! without ever leaving the conversation. This makes it easy to capture key product plans from Slack conversations and immediately enter them into Aha!
You will see two Slack integrations available in Aha! — Slack [from Aha!] and Slack [to Aha!]. Add the Slack [to Aha!] integration to enable the /aha slash command in your account.
- In your Aha! account, go to Settings > Account > Integrations and add the Slack [to Aha!] integration
- Click the "Add to Slack" button
- Enable the integration
Once you enable it in your account, all of your Slack users will have the ability to use the integration. When they go to enter their first record, they will be required to click a link and sign into Aha! if they are not already. This allows Aha! to validate that they are active users and give them their appropriate permissions.
This is an account-level integration and requires an Aha! administrator with customization permissions to be configured.
Slack [from Aha!]
This integration automatically sends notifications from Aha! to Slack. Your entire team will receive updates based on the product and roadmap planning that is happening in Aha!
You can also customize exactly what strategy, release, idea, and feature updates you see in Slack so you can focus on what matters most. Create as many Slack channels and Aha! activity streams as you need.
You will see two Slack integrations available in Aha! — Slack [from Aha!] and Slack [to Aha!]. Add the Slack [from Aha!] integration to enable sending notifications from Aha! to Slack.
- In your Aha! account, go to Settings > Account > Integrations and add the Slack [from Aha!] integration
- Click the "Add to Slack" button, which will take you to Slack to choose the channel Aha! activities should appear in
- Select "Authorize" and you will be returned to Aha! with a confirmation of the channel you selected
- Click the "Test Connection" button and you should see a message appear in your Slack client in the channel you selected
- Customize the channel by selecting the activities that will be sent to your Slack channel
- Select the Aha! users for which activity will be picked up and sent to Slack (default is everyone)
- Enable the integration