Integrate Aha! With GitHub
GitHub is a development platform that makes it easier for individuals and teams to write better, faster code. From open source to business, GitHub allows you to host and review code, manage projects, and build software alongside millions of other developers.
This two-way integration allows you to do your product planning in Aha! and then send features to GitHub for the engineering team to work on. At a high level, the integration supports the following functionality:
- Set record mappings for Aha! initiatives, releases, master features, features, and requirements and link them to corresponding record types in GitHub.
- Map default or custom fields in Aha! to any similar field in GitHub and specify which direction the updates should flow (e.g., from Aha! or from GitHub).
- Automatically send outgoing changes from Aha! or choose to review and approve them first.
- Import records directly from GitHub to make getting started in Aha! easy.
- Save configuration options as a reusable template for future integrations.
The new capability gives you deep customization options so that you can configure your integration to match exactly the way your team works. And real-time updates keep you informed of progress every step of the way.
We provide two integrations between Aha! and GitHub. One supports GitHub plans that are hosted on github.com. The other is for GitHub Enterprise, which you can host on your own servers. Use our integration wizard to configure your integration with GitHub in a few easy steps.
You need to be a product owner in Aha! to set up the integration. You will also need access to your GitHub account and have the ability to create records. Here is how to get started:
- Create the integration in Aha!
- Authenticate using your GitHub username and password.
- Select the GitHub repository that you want to integrate with.
- Map your Aha! records to issues in GitHub.
- Add the webhook to your GitHub account.
Once you have created an integration with GitHub, you can directly import your existing records into Aha! using the import from development system functionality.